Size: 580 +/- Acres in Zapata County Location: 23 Miles South of Laredo on HWY 83S, 16 Miles East of San Ygnacio on FM 3169 Description: This property is being offered exclusively by Compass Investments Real Estate. This property has some of the best vegetation in South Texas. The property is very diverse with thick […]
- Size: 580 +/- Acres in Zapata County
- Location: 23 Miles South of Laredo on HWY 83S, 16 Miles East of San Ygnacio on FM 3169
- Description: This property is being offered exclusively by Compass Investments Real Estate. This property has some of the best vegetation in South Texas. The property is very diverse with thick brush, motted areas with large trees, creeks, and rolling terrain. It is truly unique for the area.
- Habitat: The property has diverse brush species that provide cover for the wildlife, forage for quail, and great protein for the deer population. The brush on the property include black brush, guajillo, persimmons, guayacan, prickly pear, white brush, granjeno, mesquite and many more. Along with the diverse brush, the property is very well suited for birding activities with large motted open areas that make for long quail pushes or for a nice nature walk. The soils consist of Brennan, Brundage, Comitas, and Hebbronville Sand. This combination of soils is why the property is the perfect habitat for game birding. The property is also well suited to carry a modest cattle operation.
- Wildlife: The ranch boasts a very healthy population of Bobwhite and Blue quail, dove, and Whitetail deer. This property is primed to be high fenced and managed for Whitetail.
- Improvements: This ranch has been designed for the Whitetail hunter in mind with several hunting locations that lookout over a combination of open areas and senderos. Each location was meticulously designed by the current owner to maximize hunting and wildlife viewing with hunting stations uniquely designed to give everyone a chance to hunt and observe the wildlife. The property has a barn that is suited for equipment or hay storage. Next to the barn, is a set of catch pens and earthen tank.
- Water: Besides the 2 earthen tanks located on the property, the City of Zapata has completed Phase 1 of their water improvement plan which is allowing for ranches in the near vicinity to have access to municipal water. The Phase 1 line is just East of the subject property. The City of Zapata has Phase 2 under review which will further bring the water line West down FM 3169, just right past the subject property. This improvement will be a great asset to this property and the area.
Property Type : Ranch
Property Price : $1,015,000.00 or $1,750.00 per acre
Property Status : For Sale